Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Hueco Tanks Winter Break '08

So I was in a band pretty much full time (John Henry and the Engine), but they gave me ten days off to get down to El Paso and destroy my body. I went with my roomate Tuesday and our friend Duncan.

This trip was really important to me. While I was down there, I realized that as much as I loved the dudes in my band, I really didn't have time for it anymore, and they needed a more professional bass player anyway. I could play everything just fine, but all the out of town shows we were playing didn't really allow me to get much fruitful math research done. So it was a good parting of ways. Their CD release party is in a few days. I'm glad to have been a part of it.

So a few tidbits... I almost sent Hi Pro Glow(V6), but I dropped off of the penultimate jug due to fatigue. I also got pretty close on Pumped Full of Semen(V9). My big sends for the trip were Brutus(V5), and Daily Dick Dose(V7). I resent Lobster Claws(V5) really easily, which made me feel pretty good. It was my first V5 a few years ago, and it was really hard back then, but this trip it was pretty easy.

Duncan sent Hobbit in a Blender(V5) and Wiccicala Cave(V5), the latter of which was a long-standing project for him. Tuesday sent Nobody Gets Out Of Here Alive(V2), which was her trip project, and my favorite thing in the whole universe.

We also went to the Mushroom Boulder Closure informational meeting, and learned a lot about Park policies on closures. Duncan and I bought some local art at Kristoff's Coffee shop (which is the bomb for a rest day!) and somehow managed to watch "Game Plan" starring The Rock at the Montwood dollar theater. If I remember anything else, I'll let you know.

There are two videos on youtube:

Short Video
Long Video

The shorter one has music that I made for the soundtrack, but the longer video has Dragonforce and Tom Waits.

No comments: